End of Life Check Error

Georg Leber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 29, 2017

After upgrading our self-hosted Jira to 7.6.2, it shows the following error:

image.png

Checking the log files, following error is frequently logged:

2017-12-29 14:32:04,235 HealthCheck:thread-1 ERROR [c.a.t.j.healthcheck.util.SupportEolCheckUtil] An error occurred when trying to parse the version information JSON object
2017-12-29 14:32:04,235 HealthCheck:thread-1 ERROR [c.a.t.j.healthcheck.support.AbstractSupportHealthCheck] Unhandled error during healthcheck
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.jira.healthcheck.util.SupportEolCheckUtil.getVersionJson(SupportEolCheckUtil.java:40)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.jira.healthcheck.support.EolSupportHealthCheck.doCheck(EolSupportHealthCheck.java:84)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.jira.healthcheck.support.AbstractSupportHealthCheck.check(AbstractSupportHealthCheck.java:23)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.healthcheck.impl.PluginSuppliedSupportHealthCheck.check(PluginSuppliedSupportHealthCheck.java:49)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
2017-12-29 14:32:04,238 HealthCheckWatchdog:thread-1 WARN [c.a.t.healthcheck.concurrent.SupportHealthCheckTask] Unable to complete execution of health check Ende der Lebensdauer due to an exception
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.healthcheck.concurrent.SupportHealthCheckTask.getFutureWithTimeout(SupportHealthCheckTask.java:88)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.healthcheck.concurrent.SupportHealthCheckTask.lambda$runAsync$0(SupportHealthCheckTask.java:68)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.jira.healthcheck.util.SupportEolCheckUtil.getVersionJson(SupportEolCheckUtil.java:40)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.jira.healthcheck.support.EolSupportHealthCheck.doCheck(EolSupportHealthCheck.java:84)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.jira.healthcheck.support.AbstractSupportHealthCheck.check(AbstractSupportHealthCheck.java:23)
at com.atlassian.troubleshooting.healthcheck.impl.PluginSuppliedSupportHealthCheck.check(PluginSuppliedSupportHealthCheck.java:49)
... 4 more

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2017

Hi Georg,

there seem to be more people with this healthcheck problem:

2017-12-29 14:32:04,235 HealthCheck:thread-1 ERROR [c.a.t.j.healthcheck.util.SupportEolCheckUtil] An error occurred when trying to parse the version information JSON object 

I would contact Atlassian Support for further assictance with that problem.

Graham Hayes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 2, 2018

Any word on this? Are we getting forced to the new "Jira Software" port?

Like Rinat likes this

Suggest an answer