Edit Issue example request payload contains funky JSON

Sean McLemon July 12, 2019

I noticed that the "Edit Issue" REST API docs contain an example request which has some invalid JSON. If you take a look at the "properties" section, it is as follows (I've expanded it, so the error can be more easily seen):

"properties":[
{"key":"key1","value":'properties' : 'can be set at issue create or update time'},
{"key":"key2","value":'and' : 'there can be multiple properties'}
]

The "value" for each property contains two single-quoted strings separated by a semi-colon. I believe it's meant to be something like:

"properties":[
{"key":"key1","value":"properties can be set at issue create or update time"},
{"key":"key2","value":"and there can be multiple properties"}
]

Though I think it's just as clear if you use the values "value1" and "value2" instead.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to submit documentation issues - I couldn't see any links on the page itself.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2019

Hi @Sean McLemon ,

Thanks for reporting this. I believe you are correct and the syntax should indeed be:

"properties": 

"key":"key1",
         "value":"properties can be set at issue create or update time"
      },

"key":"key2",
         "value":"and there can be multiple properties"
      }
   ]
}

For this reason, I have opened the  below request to have the documentation fixed:

Please watch the above request in order to be updated on its status. Also, let us know if you have any further question on this topic.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer