EPIC LINK field doesn't trigger issuelinkedcreatedevent?

Raynard Rhodes October 15, 2019

I've been attempting to update a tempo account customfield for a while. After speaking with Adaptavist the method used is to manually link from the parent issue. While this works for my code, it doesn't work for the situation. 

We are creating a link between EPIC and ISSUES IN EPIC by modifying the EPIC LINK. While this does trigger the issuelinkcreatedevent it doesn't perform the same as a manual link. The tempo account field isn't updated by modifying EPIC LINK only manually linking a new issue.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any insight to provide.

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hi Raynard,

If I understand your problem here, you have created method to update a field in Jira using a listener that looks upon an issue's epic link field for changes, however this is not actually working in Jira when trying to implement this.

I suspect that you are likely affected by a known bug in Jira Server.  Please see JSWSERVER-12299 - Change in Epic Link field does not trigger listener for more details here.  This particular bug has been around in Jira Software/Agile versions of a number of versions. The good news is that a fix for this has recently been published.  This bugfix is available in Jira 8.4.2 and higher versions.  Unfortunately there does not appear to be any work-around for this bug, so the upgrade to Jira itself looks like the only way to correct this specific problem.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Thanks! We plan on upgrading to 8.5.0 when available.

Suggest an answer