During the clone of an issue (bug/story), is there a way to reset/delete time estimates?

Thomas Eaves
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2019

When I clone an issue (bug/story) that has sub-tasks - with time estimates - the time estimates automatically clone also. 

The cloned time estimates will most likely not apply for the cloned issue, thus I want to know if there is a way to have the time estimates (of the cloned issue) reset to zero, or deleted. 

2 answers

2 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Hi @Thomas Eaves 

It's seems that is a bug, you can vote for here 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-60361

Hope this helps

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Hello @Thomas Eaves 

As @Mohamed Benziane already mentioned it's a bug.

I personally use Clone plus paid plugin for cloning issues in Jira. Using this plugin you can choose not to copy the worklogs from the source issues to the target issue.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2019

Suggest an answer