% Done for Epics

Trevor Miller January 8, 2020

Is there a way to have the Epic % Done as a column on the search results grid for export?  Via custom field maybe and add a calculation.  ( I don't think Jira Software can do that but.. )  This seems like such a simple thing to do, yet so critical for project management.  The only place to see it now is individually within an epic. 

No salespeople need to post.  I know I can spend $10.00 a month for every single piece of functionality that I need but should I have to?  

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Hi @Trevor Miller ,

There currently is not a way to add a calculated custom field to the search results grid. There are a number of requests for custom calculated fields, but nothing in the works that I could find. There is also a request specifically for Epics; you can review and vote for the suggestion here: JSWCLOUD-18100 .

Outside of the standard Jira if you find that you need to use calculated fields or other scripts to enhance your instance I suggest taking a look at Adapavist's Scriptrunner or another scripting tool. The ROI in work saved from such a tool may help make the extra cost more palatable. 

-Scott

Suggest an answer