Done epic in Jira software

Home Care Connect April 26, 2018

How can i see the done epic in jira software? Once i clicked on "done" status in the epic. It does not show me any more epic.

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

Hi Barsha,

Could you share a bit more information? Specifically, where are you looking for the done epic to show? 

The easiest way to find the epic is to go into "Issues" and select "Done Issues." It should show up there. 

-Scott

so when i marked the Epic as done, and if i will like to see the epic which was marked done where do i have to go in order to see those mark as done epic? Also when i go to done issues then it will give the list of done issue. Is there a way to see the list of epic which are on done status?

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

Yes, when you open your project there is an "Issues" menu item on the left hand side. Click that and you will get a list of options for the issues...All Issues, My Open Issues, etc. One of those should be "Done Issues." If you don't have it your admin may have restricted it in the permissions scheme.

-Scott

so you are saying that done status EPIC can be seen only through the done issue? There is no other way to see the list of done status epic? 

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

I'm sure there are other ways...where do you want to see it? If you have a Kanban board, it will show up in the "Done" column, you can set up a "Created vs. Resolved" report and filter on epics, and more.

is there a single tab or seperate line where i can see only done epic?

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

The best way for you is probably to set up a filter on the "Done Issues." Here is how:

Go to "Done Issues"

Enter this in the search box: statusCategory = Done and issuetype = Epic order by Key

Click "Save As" at the top and save the filter as "Done Epics"

That will place the custom filter "Done Epics" in the left hand column under the "Advanced Search"  option in the "Issues" section.

The next time you go into the project, go to Issues, click Advanced Search in the right top corner, and viola! you have an option to pull in just the Done Epics for the project.

Hope this helps,

-Scott

Suggest an answer