Does Smart Checklist provide some way to assign specific checklist items to specific users?

Rahul Ganjoo July 18, 2018

I am looking for an option where I can assign specific checklist item to a specific user only. Taking a scenario in consideration where I need to provide access to "QA Complete" checklist item to a user who belongs to QA group whereas a developer should not see the option or the option is disabled.

2 answers

1 vote
Pavel Pavlovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2018

Hi @Rahul Ganjoo,

With the Smart Checklist add-on you can highlight a specific person or group using "@" sign or date following by the instructions https://railsware.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHK/pages/111843630/Highlight+person+or+date

Smart Checklist doesn't support person selection from the list (yet) and the task will not be locked to only this user. So everyone who has the Edit Issue permission will be able to mark item as completed.

Hope this helps.

Pavel Pavlovsky

Smart Checklist PdM

Hi @Pavel Pavlovsky _Railsware_,

Thanks for your reply. This clears it out. So, basically there is no way as of yet in Smart Checklist through which a specific Smart Checklist item can be restricted / allowed to a user. 

The best that we can do is to mention a person's name in the checklist step and highlight it.

Hope my understanding is correct.

Pavel Pavlovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2018

Yes, totally right.

Thanks,

Pavel

Thanks Pavel. I appreciate that.

Frank Gene McPeek April 23, 2020

In 2018 you said "Smart Checklist doesn't support person selection from the list (yet)".  My question is that feature ready yet or is it still on hold?   Its the only feature that holds my organization from using it.

Thanks

Frank

Pavel Pavlovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2020

Hey, @Frank Gene McPeek 

Please contact us at smartchecklist[at]railsware.com

Cheers,

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2020

@Frank Gene McPeek,

you can find this feature in Issue Checklist Pro and Issue Checklist Free

Here are the docs explaining how to use it: https://herocoders.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/771620876/User+mentions 

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Jack

Like Frank Gene McPeek likes this
Frank Gene McPeek April 24, 2020

In all of those products you can list a person on the checklist as being responsible, but there are no notification sent.  "Currently, unlike in Jira, no notifications are sent to the user who was mentioned - this includes email notification."  We are looking to be able to use a smart checklist to be able to assign subtasks to others and have them notified.  

Thanks
Frank

Like Martin Schuster likes this
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2020

@Frank Gene McPeek,

Email notifications are already available in the Issue Checklist
https://herocoders.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/1985118347/Email+notifications+for+user+mentions 

So, when the user is mentioned/assigned, they can get an email exactly in the same way as they get the email when mentioned in Jira's comments.

That feature is disabled by default and can be enabled by Jira admins. 

Like simon democko likes this
0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2018

HI @Rahul Ganjoo

Welcome to the community!

If i have understood correctly and the issues in "QA complete" status that you want to see user which belongs to QA group only then you can use the workflow properties ie jira.permission.*.

Please have a look at the below KB.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/workflow-properties-861253674.html

Hi @Yogesh Mude,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Your answer points to a workflow property through which I can manage access to certain transitions in the workflow itself. But, I am looking for a way through which I can manage access on Smart Checklist add-on items. In other words, I want to know if there is a provision in Smart Checklist through which I can restrict certain users from accessing specific Items in the checklist. Kindly suggest.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events