Do we need FishEye to connect JIRA with SVN?

takeshi sasaki May 24, 2012

We are using JIRA on-demand. We are also using SVN.

I'd like to connect the two.

For now, what I need to do are quite simple.

1. When developers commit code to SVN, they need to have a valid JIRA ticket number. This needs to be verifiable by the SVN automatically.

2. From a JIRA ticket, easily view code changes that had been made for it.

For this, what i have understood so far is that FishEye plugin is configured for JIRA ondemand.

Do I definitely need FishEye to connect SVN and JIRA on-demand, or is there another way?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2012

Given the restrictions on which plugins that can be used with Jira-OnDemand, Fisheye seems to be the only solution. Also the svn respository cannot be external. You can use various svn clients, but no adminstration access.

takeshi sasaki May 29, 2012

Thanks Norman.

The SVN repository cannot be external? Does that mean the SVN repository that we already have in use cannot be used in conjunction with JIRA???

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

That is correct for Jira-OnDemand at this time. Only subversion repositories hosted by Atlassian OnDemand can be used with Jira OnDemand.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand#RestrictedFunctionsinAtlassianOnDemand-FishEyeandCrucible

takeshi sasaki May 29, 2012

Thanks a lot. Got it.

Suggest an answer