Displayed 24u or AM/PM as time

helpdesk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 8, 2019

All our projects in Jira the is time is displayed in 24u.
For exemple 17:15

There is only one project where the time is displayed in AM/PM.
For exemple 5:15PM

Where can I set this?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2019

Hello,

Currently it is not possible to change the system date and time settings on a Per project basis, and we have the following feature request (both cloud and server respectively) tracking interest in adding this in as an option:

Now as you noted that one project is displayed different to the global setting, I would suspect that this is possibly a custom string type field rather than a date field.  To get a better look if this is the case, where specifically is the time formatting different on each project?  Is it the time stamps next to the Comments, Created, Updated, Resolved field locations (as these should be controlled by the global system setting), OR is is a value in a particular field that is not one of the system fields (indicating the specific field as the issue)?  Please include a screen shot if possible of the correct and incorrect locations.

Additional options could possibly be an add-on installed that is altering the behavior of the time field on the project, To check for this you could enable safe mode from the manage add-ons screen to temporarily disable all installed add-ons to see if the behavior changes.  and if the time reverts to system default then we can confirm one of the add-on apps was causing the altered formatting.

Another possibly is custom css injection via the announcement banner or a field description that is altering the formatting for that specific project.  Check the announcement banner first as its a single location to look at in the admin settings, but fields descriptions can be a bit more tricky to narrow down as you would need to go through them one by one in the UI front end to check for scripting, but a quick search for these items can be done in the database using the following queries, noting these are formatted for PSQL and may need to be altered depending on your DB:

select * from customfield where description like '%<script%' or description like '%<script%';
select * from fieldconfigscheme where description like '%<script%' or description like '%<script%';
select * from customfield where description like '%avascript%' or description like '%html%' or description like '%css%';
select * from fieldconfiguration where description like '%avascript%' or description like '%html%' or description like '%css%';

And the last thing I can think of from the initial description would be if there was some sort of data consistency error during an import for that particular project similar to what is described in the following KB article, noting, the error in the KB is about the time itself being in an incorrect timezone post import not a different time formatting altogather, and I am just using this as a referance of a cause of time formatting issues and it is not to be taken as a solution for your case: "Incorrect timestamps displayed in Jira server"

Noting that an import could be a possible cause of time mapping issues do you know if this particular project was imported as a project import or an external system import using CSV, or a third party import app?

Regards,
Earl

helpdesk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2019

Hello Earl,

The problem only occurs in the 'Release date' and 'Analyzed' fields. A calendar is linked to these fields. Then AM / PM is used. See screenshot.

2019_10_22_11_52_08_Edit_Issue_TB_221_ACCEPTATIE_Nationaal_Archief_Jira_Internet_Explorer.png

For the other fields there is automatically time stamp used and you see 24 hours. See screenshot.

2019_10_22_12_02_53_TB_221_Aanmaken_e_depot_onderzoekomgeving_ACCEPTATIE_Nationaal_Archief_Jira_.png

Regards,
Yashvant

# The 'Release date' and 'Analyzed' fields are only used in 1 project. I apologize for the confusion.

Like Yashvant Gadjradj likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2019

Hi Yashvant,

Thanks you for the clarification and the screenshots, and that makes a lot more sense now. 

It is not what I initially thought, where the time and date were different in the same location in the respective projects, but rather the dates in the date and time picker field are displaying the unwanted formatting apposed to the alternate date picker fields.  And this is a setting for the date and time picker fields directly.

That setting is configured  and adjustable under Admin >> System >> General configuration, then switch from General setting to the Advanced Settings menu.

for the configuration to be 24h time in both locations you want both jira.date.time.picker.java.format (for the server side time settings)  AND jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format (For the client side settings) to line up and set them to:

• jira.date.time.picker.java.format = dd/MMM/yy H:mm
  • jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format = %e/%b/%y %H:%M

And you should be all set.  And some additional examples on the formatting can be seen in this KB article

Regards,
Earl

Like Yashvant Gadjradj likes this
Yashvant Gadjradj October 24, 2019

Thank you, the problem has been solved

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer