Display RAG in Jira board

Niv Ben-Yehuda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 3, 2021

Hi all,

2 questions:

1. Is there a way to display the traffic light RAG in the board so I don't have top open each issue?

2. Can I delete a traffic light field I added by mistake?

Thanks, Niv

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Niv Ben-Yehuda 

It is possible in Classic boards to display this information on an issue's card, to do this:

1. On your board, select the breadcrumbs (...) in the top-right, and choose Board Settings
  2. From the left-hand menu, select Card Layout
  3. Select your RAG Status field from the drop-down(s), and press Add

Alternatively, if you want to show the colours you could:

1. From the left-hand menu, select Card Colours
  2. Choose to base colours on Queries
  3. Create three separate card colours for Red, Amber and Green. Your JQL will be something like "RAG Status" = Green.

These colours show as a coloured strip on each card.

These options are not yet possible to do in Next-Gen.

------------------

To delete a field, again it depends on whether it is Classic or Next-Gen.

Classic:

To delete a field, you'll need to be a Jira Admin and then...

1. Go to Jira Settings (cog icon in top-right) > Issues
  2. Select Custom Fields from the left-hand menu
  3. Locate the field you want to delete
  4. On the right hand side, select the breadcrumbs and choose Move to trash
  5. If you would like to permanently delete immediately, choose the Trashed tab above the search bar, locate your field and select the breadcrumbs, then choose Permanently delete now

Next-Gen:

To delete a Next-Gen field, you'll need to be a Project Admin and then...

1. Go to Project Settings > Issue Types
  2. Select the Issue Type where the field is used
  3. Drag the incorrect field into the Previously-created fields area in the bottom-right
  4. Once in there, you'll see a bin icon appear when you hover over it. Select to delete the field.

Ste

Sowmya V May 16, 2023

Hi Everyone,

I'm been hunting to get the RAG directly from Jira but unable to find one.

We use "Company Managed " Projects. Is their any way to get RAG directly from Jira board. The above option given is not working out, From Card layout filed im not seeing the option RAG Status field so the Query is failing . Below are the option i see in Card layout

Request language, Request Participant, Request type, resolution , Resolved, Responder, Root Cause (No RAG status seen)

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2023

Hi @Sowmya V 

You'd need to create the field as a custom field, there's no standard "RAG Status" field.

See how to create one here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-a-custom-field/

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events