Disable the RSS feed icon from the Activity bar

cristian zuccala May 17, 2019

I have installed a jira service desk v7.13.1server.
and where this solution appears: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/disabling-jira-rss-feature-358350997.html
I do not have the Issue View Plugin.
How can I deactivate it?
thank you
cz

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

Hi Cristian,

The Issue View Plugin is a system default plugin and should be there, if its missing you have more issues occuring in the background and should be seeing additional errors occuring throughout the system.

When your doing your search can you verify that you have either "All" or "System" apps displayed in the field highlighted here:

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 2.37.23 PM.png

If the plugin is missing from the list check the filesystem at the path relative to your jira-install directory: $jira-install/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins

make sure the jira-view-issue-plugin-7.13.1.jar is present in the directory, If it is missing you have an issue with the installation and something failed either during the initial install or an upgrade, and Jira should re-install, and data recovered from a backup as there would not be an easy way to narrow down everything that may have failed to deploy.

If the file is present there could be an issue with the filesystem permissions, verify the directory permissions are correctly set and restart the application.

For a Linux OS, Additional details can be seen in "How to fix JIRA Directories permission in Linux",  and for Windows you need to grant read & write access to the home and install directories for the user that the Jira service runs as. Check the Jira Service to see which user that is.

let me know what you find.

Regards,
Earl

cristian zuccala May 22, 2019

It did not work ... so thank you very much.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2019

Hi Cristian,

If the jira-view-issue-plugin-7.13.1.jar  file is present in the bundled plugins directory, and the permissions were set correctly on the file system but the application still failed to start up correctly, I would first recommend checking the logs during the last startup to see if there is a clear error as the next step.

I would also recommend setting up a staged clean install of jira and migrate the data from the current system As covered HERE, to see if a clean install bypasses the error.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer