Did the order of our backlog change?

Arjen Dirks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2018

Hi, I work at a company that is quite liberal in the restriction we set for employees. In other words there are almost none. ;-) That is actually a great way to work.

However, as a product owner with quite an extensive backlog and a product that is under pressure, I do want to be able to see whether someone else changed the rank of the issues on our backlog. I do not want to restrict it, since it probably makes sense when someone did. But I just simply want to know of it. to judge whether it fits all other priorities.

Since Track and Prioritize are core features of Jira, I would hope that I am able to see what issues had their priority (rank in Jira) changed.

Until now I was not able to solve this puzzle...

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2018

You can really be glad, that your company is that liberal.

As a product owner you are responsible for the backlog. Especially the prioritization is yours. But adding new stories at the end of your backlog is fine for team mates.

Therefore I strongly recommend to communicate this issue in a retrospective to the team. They will understand and respect your needs.

Suggest an answer