Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Dependent selection limitation to fields

Hello
A question regarding Custom Fields in Jira: Is it technically possible to display only certain Custom FIeld 2 entries when creating an issue in Jira based on the selection of Custom Field 1? So a kind of conditional selection?
As an example:
Suppose I select "Fruit" as the value in Custom Field 1 that it will only show me "Apple, Pear, Apricot" as values to select in Custom Field 2 and if I select "Vegetable" in the first field that it will only show me "Cucumber, Tomato, Kohlrabi".
Thank you

1 answer

Hi @Kari 

Unfortunately this functionality isn't possible out of the box, but you may be able to achieve it using an add-on.

Have you considered using a cascading custom field rather than two separate fields? This would allow you to have all of the values in Custom Field 1 as the 'parent' field options, then under each of these options you can add your values in Custom Field 2 as the sub-options

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

4,993 views 18 31
Read article

Atlassian Community Events