Dependent selection limitation to fields

Kari August 26, 2022

Hello
A question regarding Custom Fields in Jira: Is it technically possible to display only certain Custom FIeld 2 entries when creating an issue in Jira based on the selection of Custom Field 1? So a kind of conditional selection?
As an example:
Suppose I select "Fruit" as the value in Custom Field 1 that it will only show me "Apple, Pear, Apricot" as values to select in Custom Field 2 and if I select "Vegetable" in the first field that it will only show me "Cucumber, Tomato, Kohlrabi".
Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Kari 

Unfortunately this functionality isn't possible out of the box, but you may be able to achieve it using an add-on.

Have you considered using a cascading custom field rather than two separate fields? This would allow you to have all of the values in Custom Field 1 as the 'parent' field options, then under each of these options you can add your values in Custom Field 2 as the sub-options

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events