Deduct time from a task

Jose Ricardo Pascoal June 13, 2022

Hello, I'm a new user in JIRA and I have the following question

I have 3 activities to be launched, 2 of which are within the longest activity period.

Example :

Task 1 08:00 - 12:00 Full Task - Total 04 Hours
Task 2 08:30 - 09:00 First Meet - Total 30 Min.
Task 3 10:30 - 11:00 Second Meet - Total 30 Min.

The correct would be a total of 4 hours, but in JIRA it show 5 Hours and I can't deduct 1 hour from the 2 tasks, and in this situation I would need to launch task 1 several times with different periods to be able to give the correct total of hours.

When I try to change Worked* time it readjusts the end times.

Is there any way to resolve this without change end times ?

Best Ricardo

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

Hi @Jose Ricardo Pascoal , welcome to the community. If you go into the detail issue view you should Work log. Click there and you can the edit the entries. If you do not see this we can explore further.

27141164-AD8C-4402-9428-59F027F72233.jpeg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

Your screenshot appears to be from Tempo. That wasn't initially clear. My response is from the native work log perspective. Are you able to edit the worklog as I suggest?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2022

By the way, if this is Tempo Timesheets here is some documentation that may help - editing-worklog-data-directly-in-a-logged-time-report 

0 votes
Jose Ricardo Pascoal June 13, 2022

Thanks for replying Jack !

I tried to find this option but I didnt get !

Take a look from real case 

TimeSheet.png

TimeSheet2.png

I need to know how to deduct only the end time worked without the start and end time being changed.

In this way, I would be able to deduct the 30 minutes referring to the 2 tasks of 15 minutes from the larger task of 3h:30min.

Thanks

Suggest an answer