Dashboard - shared filters don't work

vincent beudez January 1, 2012

Hi,

We have customers that have their specific projects and cannot (of course) see what happen in the other projects.
I've created one common dashboard, with sql requests like "status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved)".
I thought that if i didn't say anything about the project, the request would take the project the user has rights on, for example:
- if user A see project X, the request would show "status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved) " for project X
- if user B see project Y, the request would show "status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved)" for project Y
- if user C see project W+Y, the request would show "status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved)" for project W+Y

But it doesn't work. It says "There are problems with the current configuration for this gadget. The errors below may have been caused by the deletion of entities required by the gadget or by changes to your permissions.

• Invalid project

Do I have to write one dashboard with specific request for each project?

Thanks,

Vincent

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2012

Hmm, that should work, but the error is pointing more at your JQL than the gadget. What happens when you run the saved filter as a search?

Suggest an answer