Cycle time custom field

Orit Nachshon October 15, 2017

What's the best way to create a customer filed which will represent the cycle time?

Is there an OOB solution for that?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

There are some things you can do, but before we can suggest or recommend anything, you'll need to define what you mean by "cycle time"  (I have four definitions in mind, but I don't know if any of them might be what you mean)

Orit Nachshon October 16, 2017

I mean the creation time until the issue is done.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

Ok, I'd create a scripted field that calculates the difference between the date and time fields "created" and "resolutionDate"

rebecca_willis July 5, 2023

By my definition that is Lead time not Cycle time. Looking to see if there is an easy way to extract the timestamp from when an issue is transitioned to 'In progress'. Needing to retrofit this cycle time field to closed issues. The automation we have set up only actives for live tickets so going the old skool way of exporting to CSV and doing the calc there if I can get the In progress timestamp somehow.

Suggest an answer