Customer -> Ticket -> Workflow

Babken Kurghinyan November 20, 2018

Dear community,

i have a quick question. Lets say i have a IT-Service-Desk .

1. I have different Projektes on my Site ,Proj.1 Proj.2 etc.
  2. All of my customers use 1 Email adresse to ask a question or whatever.
  3. Lets say customer 3 (from Projekt 3),  sends a mail to our regular "support-Site" via email

Now my question, how can i direkt his request, from the regular"support-Site" to projekt 1 or Projekt 2. Is there a automatic way i can set up or do i have to use a workflow to specifi that?

The way is was befor, you get a ticket and you put into the right projekt by hand. We wanna have this done automaticly.

Or would be it more easy, to give the customer nr3., a specific mail adresse for the projekt 3?

Thank you very much in advance and im sorry if this seem to be a noobie question, i have just startet to use Jira on my own.

Best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

Hi @Babken Kurghinyan,

welcome to the community.

in my opinion it is the best to have a dedicated email-address for each project and let the customers use that specific address. Then the issues will be created directly in the correct project.

If you want to have only one email-address for all projects, you can try to do it with automation and keywords, but I don't think that this will work very well.

Babken Kurghinyan November 21, 2018

Hallo Bastian,

thank you very much for your quick reply.

Is there maybe any kind of wiki how that automation process work ?

Best regards Babken

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

Hi,

please have a look at the documentation. This is the part for Automatisation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html

Please make sure to select Cloud or the proper Server Version on the upper right corner.

Babken Kurghinyan November 21, 2018

Hey,

great ! Thank you very much for your help.

Have a nice day :) !

Best regards Babken

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events