CustomField called "Risk Impact" show on the View screen with a red background and yellow letters

Diego Cañete April 28, 2020

Hi, I need help to make a CustomField called "Risk Impact" show on the View screen with a red background and yellow letters, how can I achieve this?

The field itself is one of type "SelectList".

Thank you.

Diego Cañete.

pd: This is in Jira Sever ver 7.0.1

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2020

Hi @Diego Cañete 

You can use custom css in the announcement banner or insert css using ScriptRunner for Jira.

<style type="text/css">
#rowForcustomfield_10115 {
background: #f00;
padding: 5px;
color: #fff;
}

</style>

Try the code above and replace the customfield id with your custom field's id.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Hi Ravi, 

Thanks first for your answer, the point is that we generally use the banner ads to notify JIRA users of changes, just try the concept and it works, there will be some adjustments so that aesthetically only the marked text is seen , is there any other way to add this style without having to use the ad banner?

Captura.JPG

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2020

This code can exist with any other text that you may already have in the banner. If can also use ScriptRunner to do that.

Ravi

I understand, but scriptrunner is a paid add-on that a few years ago was part of jira and then they did separate, that was very bad for us, and nowadays all plugins are very expensive, other tools that we have do not need plug-ins to make what it turns to do is one plug-in over another and adding costs.
This I regret to say is a dead road and that if Atlassian continues on this trail it will end up in the ravine, I hope they will listen to the customers before it is too late.

Well thanks for your help.

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2020

Well you can also create your own app if you want to insert css or js. Check this page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events