Custom fields update

Dean B June 1, 2019

Hi there,

I am currently using a JIRA SD cloud version and a next-gen project.

Is it possible to check if the custom field has been updated before Service desk agent is allowed to close the ticket.

For example, we need the agent to update the "Kms" (a free text custom field) value before closing the issue.

Thanks

Dean

2 answers

1 vote
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2019

Hello Dean,

To do this you have to edit the workflow, go to the transition and create a validation like "Fields Required Validator". Then select the field you want to be completed by the user.

Regards!

Juan

Dean B June 2, 2019

Hi @Juan Manuel Ibarra , thanks for your reply. I believe it is an add-on as I cannot see 'Fields Required Validator' in JIRA out of box instance.

Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2019

Dean, look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-make-jira-applications-fields-required-in-a-workflow-transition-691011903.html

According to this article "Fields Required Validator" is built-in in JIRA Cloud

Regards!

Dean B June 3, 2019

Thanks Juan, thanks for sharing the link.

I went through it but I don't have the option (screenshots attached). May be because I am using Next gen project.worklfow.pngRules.png

Dean B June 11, 2019

Hi @Juan Manuel Ibarra , now moved to classic project and I can see the Validator now. Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Lachlan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2019

Hi @Dean B 

One solution to this problem is in our app, ProForma. This plugin makes it easy to ensure all the relevant data you want is entered before a form is submitted, and comes with a range of form automation tools including Workflow validators. 

If you would like, you can evaluate for free by installing ProForma Lite.

Dean B June 11, 2019

Thanks @Lachlan , solved now but I will keep in mind.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events