Custom Jira Priority Icons aren´t available

Tobias January 29, 2021

Hi guys,

I just added new custom priority icons in format .svg but they are not shown in the application. 

I only get this view in my Dashboard for my custom icon. 

2021-01-29 10_15_47-Window.png

I think the .svg-file should scale itself. 

The path to the icons leads to the file on my server. 

2021-01-29 10_23_20-Window.png

Can someone help me?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

Dumping the files on a server is not going to work on its own.  Whatever server you have dropped them on to needs to be presenting them over a url to the outside world, so that Jira can go read it.

Forget Jira for a second, can you visit the url of the images you've uploaded in a browser?

Tobias February 2, 2021

I can find the images after searching with IP-Adress, Port and path to the file, but it isn`t viewable currently

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

@Tobias  , referring to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-upload-custom-priority-icons-in-jira-788961156.html

Are the below conditions met?

In order to view the icon correctly, both condition below should be met:

• The issue where the icons are uploaded should be accessible by all logged in Jira users
  • In the case where the icons are not showing up, please check on the issue itself and ensure you are able to view the attachments OR the URL to access the attached icons has not changed
Tobias January 29, 2021

@Fazila Ashraf yes i have checked the conditions you described but the point is, that the files lay on the server. I don´t have a separate URL for them. The old icons als lay on the server so I don´t understand where the problem is. 

Tobias February 11, 2021

Hi @Fazila Ashraf @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  the implementation of the icons via the URL is working. But there is one little thing, which makes me a bit suspicious. Every time I use the icon, it has to be downloaded from the URL. This is really wasting ressources. Or have I overlooked something?

Suggest an answer