Custom Fields Keep Disappearing

Anna Cooper October 30, 2019

I'm working in Jira Cloud and have created a number of custom fields for a particular project. The fields that keep disappearing are in Create Issue screens. When I create an issue the custom fields don't show until I click the "configure fields" button in the top of the create issue screen and check the boxes next to the missing fields. I have to repeat this process every time I create an issue.

I checked the field configuration and none of the missing fields are set to hidden. 

Not a big deal to me, but users who aren't very familiar with Jira won't even realize that the fields are missing. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Hmmm, if you have the field configured in the Create Screen for the project/issuetype then it should remain. Check the screens for the project (project settings > screens) and be sure to review each issuetype/screen to ensure it is indeed listed.

Anna Cooper October 30, 2019

They're all listed in the screens where they SHOULD appear. And when I click the "configure fields" button, only the fields that are included in the screen are available to check, but i have to manually check each field each time I open an issue. 

(See screen shots for clarification.)

When I select the List Pull issue type and click Configure Fields, only the custom fields listed in the List Pull Create Issue Screen appear in the list of fields that I can check. I just want them to appear automatically.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 1.17.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-30 at 1.17.35 PM.png

Aman July 5, 2021

Hey

@Anna Cooper were you able to resolve this?

Chris McGroarty February 10, 2022

@Aman @Anna Cooper @Jack Brickey I'm also experiencing this same issue.  At first I thought it might be due to the fact that some of custom fields I had created were being used on multiple issue types, but I don't think that's the case since it's also happening to some fields that are unique to the primary issue type. 

Has anybody found what would be a potential cause of this?

Aman February 10, 2022

From what I can recall, it retains only the last selection for the last issuetype for a particular user. It is definitely confusing at times.

Drew Taylor April 20, 2022

Same issue over here.  Anyone find a solve for setting the custom fields that appear on the create issue screen?  Hoping to find a way to set the fields that appear on that screen ideally at the project level. 

Suggest an answer