Crucible error "User not authenticated yet, or session timed out"

Chnikki December 5, 2012

We are connecting to JIRA for user management for our Crucible/Fisheye instance. The application link is successfully setup between JIRA and Crucible. The project and repositories are linked to our JIRA project successfully. In JIRA, we can successfully create reviews from the Source tab and see the Review tab.

Here's where the problem lies. When summarizing a review, we get an error stating "Exception encountered while contacting JIRA Server....JIRA: User not authenticated yet, or session timed out.

When we hover over any of the JIRA linked issues in Crucible, we get "Issue Not Found" in the small pop-over.

The review will actually summarize and close though. The only thing it's preventing is our ability to transition the JIRA issue when summarizing the review.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I haven't had time to pour into the log files, but I thought I would throw this out there. I'll add what I find in log files soon.

Crucible/Fisheye 2.9.1

Jira 5.2.1

Windows 2008 Server OS(64 bit)

SQL Server 2008 database

3 answers

1 vote
dwithers@franklinamerican.com January 8, 2013

found out my issue had to do with the outgoing authentication for jira under application links being broken. I re-set this with a Jira admin account and everything started working again.

0 votes
dwithers@franklinamerican.com January 7, 2013

We just upgraded to crucible 2.9.2 in our qa environment from 2.7.10 and are expierencing the same exact issue as the OP. below is the log of the error.

ERROR [btpool0-34 ] atlassian.fecru.plugin.reviewissuetransition ReviewIssueTransitionsServlet-renderAjaxExceptionMsg - Error encountered in the Crucible re view issue transition plugin

com.atlassian.crucible.spi.services.NotPermittedException: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteAuthenticationException: User not authenticated yet, or session timed out.

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

What did you find on this? I'm wondering if the account you're using to tie to JIRA is the problem?

Chnikki January 1, 2013

I really didn't find anything on this. The account I'm using to tie to JIRA is not the problem. Since we can work around it, this problem dropped down in priority. I was hoping that someone had experienced this also and had some suggestions.

Suggest an answer