Creating and linking hub region to JQL statement

Devinder Gandhi January 2, 2020

Hi there,

Is there a way you can create and link a "Hub" region to a matching JQL statement? We have an SLA queue and work with numerous markets in different regions, such as EMEA and APAC.

However instead of adding a new country to the list (as shown in the picture below) I would like to group all the EMEA countries in one place and then ask the statement to link to that EMEA group? Then I would like to do the same for our APAC market as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

Hi @Devinder Gandhi ,

JIRA cannot simply determine this based on the name you entered.

Instead the same way you have Market as a field, you would have region/hub as a custom field which would be the various hubs and you then filter based on the region.

Now as to how to set the hub, either have users fill it when they are filling the Market field or you use an automation(this requires knowledge of scripting and an add-on like scriptrunner) to set the value.

Cheers.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

Better yet, you could use a cascading select field for your Hub/Market where user selects the hub and you have a prepopulated region under this. However, this will change how you search in general.

Rajeev Gill January 14, 2020

Hi Ismael,

To further, and maybe clarify our initial query - Our current market onboarding process involves us having to manually update multiple JQL statements every time a new market is added to our service desk (in order to apply multiple SLAs to tickets submitted by the new market)

Is there a way to automate this, so when a new market joins our service desk they will automatically be added to the JQL query and thus the SLAs will not need to be updated manually?

Thanks.

Rajeev

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

Unfortunately, I do not have a way to dynamically add new options to a JQL and neither does JIRA OOTB.

I have also not see this performed anywhere from experience.

Sorry I could not help and regards.

Ismael.

Rajeev Gill January 15, 2020

No problem, thank you for the reply!

Suggest an answer