Creating a release from a "Staging" column

Arik Liber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 30, 2019

We are using a Kanban board where the two last columns are "Staging" and "Production". The release button releases all the tasks in the Production column and also triggers a webhook. 

I would like to have a similar experience for the "Staging" column so when I click to release it moves the items to the production column and sends a webhook to the same place.

How could I do that?

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 18.19.15.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2019

You only release stuff that is "done", and Jira Software only recognises the last column on the right as "done".

If you want to release from "staging", that needs to be in the last column (note that you can have more than one status in a column!)

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2019

Hi Arik,

You might try changing the Staging status to a Done statusCategory. It might let you do a Release from that column - you would just need to try it out. 

But in that process, don't set a resolution. 

0 votes
Arik Liber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 2, 2019

Thank you, I ended copying the existing workflow and removing the "Production" column from it completely. Clicking "Release" creates a release from staging. For production, we'll have our CI tool notify the users. Thanks everyone!!

Suggest an answer