Creating a chart to display one status vs another

Becky McGrattan April 17, 2024

I thought I had hit the jackpot with the "Created vs Resolved" chart, but I have realised that you cannot configure your statuses and the business is too large to change these just for my purposes 

I would like to compare issues in "Backlog" vs "Ready for PI event" - any recommendations? 

Having to do this manually in excel is now looming :( 

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Becky McGrattan,

Could you please detail a bit in what form this comparison should be? Do you want to compare as number of issues, sum of their story points, percentages, over time or just the actual numbers? Or how exactly?  

I am asking because our Great Gadgets app offers many gadgets that can address your need in various ways.

With its Pivot Table & Pivot Chart gadget you can easily create multi-dimensional tables or charts, just like you do it in Excel.

With the Cumulative Flow Diagram chart, you can compare the number of issues over time, by their type or status.  

With the Advanced Filter Formula Gadget you can calculate numbers, percentages and display them side-by-side. 

So please make your request more clear. 

Danut. 

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

If you're going to have to spend time manually updating an Excel spreadsheet, perhaps they would be willing to invest in a plugin instead?

I have been using Custom Charts for Jira at my company and I think it's pretty great. I'm not affiliated with the vendor, just a satisfied customer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events