Created vs. Resolved Chart: All bugs; Why the Display the Trend of Unresolved is negative val?

Sam Briody
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 8, 2019

Hi, 

I've been using the Created vs. Resolved Chart for a few weeks now as part of reporting and analysing trend for bugs raised and resolved with a 3rd party developer. 

I have added the ''Display the Trend of Unresolved issues'' into this however it is showing a trend into negative numbers. 

Before I share this with Key Stakeholders, I need to understand why I am seeing these? 

Can anyone help? 

created vs resolved.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

I believe that you are seeing negative because the team is resolving more than is being created during a time period. I "think" this line is plotted based upon 

unresolved - resolved = y-axis for a time period

so if during the time period 5 are created and 10 are resolved then y-axis is -5.

this hypothesis/understanding could use some vetting using your real world data. LMK.

Suggest an answer