Create dashboard with all the epics and progress bar for each epic

Jacob Morris July 8, 2022

Is there a way to create a dashboard in Jira where I can basically show all my epics in one stacked vertical view in the dashboard, that also shows a progress bar for each epic and the % done (and maybe the tasks underneath each task).

When I go into each epic, there is this view (which I like), I just don't know how to pull in this widget individually into a single dashboard for all the epics on my team.Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 2.19.31 PM.png

5 answers

3 votes
Vincent Dufour January 16, 2023

I strongly agree with this demand. Everything that is available in project should be available as a widget in dashboard.

Even if it's the same view (and non-interactive as a first step) it's still better than going through a paying app.

0 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 18, 2023

Hi @Jacob Morris @Vincent Dufour 

Unfortunately, as you see, this is not available natively in Jira. However, the Epic Progress gadget exists, and it's available in the Dashboard Hub Pro app, which is developed by my team :)

It has two view types, List View (left) and Extended View (right).

Epic progress gadget Dashboard Hub.png

This is just one of the nearly 100 advanced gadgets that Dashboard Hub offers, with 12+ integrations. Apart from that, Dashboard Hub also empowers External Sharing with secure links, which means that I can share this dashboard in the screenshot with you live :)

Remember that Dashboard Hub has a 30-day free trial (without any charge or compromise). Hope it helps, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me!

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager

---

Useful links:

Dashboard Hub vs. native Jira dashboards

Dashboard Hub use cases

0 votes
Iustin Mitrica August 17, 2023

I saw that we do have the "Σ Progress" when trying to configure a "Filter results" widget in a custom dashboard, but is not showing anything for epics, in my case. I was expecting the progress bar to be displayed, in the same way as in the Timeline view.
What data am I missing for "Σ Progress" to work?
jira-custom-dash.png

Trudy Claspill November 30, 2023

@Iustin Mitrica 

That field will display progress based on Original Estimate, Time Spent, and Remaining Estimate.

Note, though, that time logged on child issues is not rolled and summarized to Epics, so this field would reflect progress for Epics only if time was logged directly against the Epic.

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2022

Hi @Jacob Morris 

Welcome to the community !!

If you are fine with a mktplace app, to get this data, you can have a look at our add-on -

Issue Hierarchy Reports 

and generate insights such as:

- View the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues,
Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.

- % complete based on time spent and story points at each hierarchy level

- Sum up Time Spent, Org Estimate, Time Rmng, custom number
fields

Epic Hierarchy - Gadget - Summary.PNG

Dashboard Gadget

Epic Hierarchy - Summary Report.PNG

Epic Hierarchy Reports

Oksana Peresunko March 3, 2023

How to apply filter/search by Epic?
If I don't need to track all but just certains?

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
March 4, 2023

Hi @Oksana Peresunko 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your reply .

We have the search by JQL option as well, where in you can filter only for specific Epics.

Please let me know if it helps.

Epic Hierarchy - JQL Filter.PNG

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

Hi @Jacob Morris,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The out-of-the-box Dashboard does not have a gadget that will show you this information, the closest is the Jira Road Map that will show it based on the project, not individual epics. You may want to checkout the Marketplace to see if there are any apps that will do it for you. 

Lucy Dilts March 6, 2024

Why is this not native? It is just to difficult to build?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events