• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Copy and Paste image stopped working while creating Jira tickets

I noticed that copy-paste images stopped working all of a sudden on my account. I have been using it for since a long time but not sure how it stopped. Please suggest as I can't continue my work. thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Owen Wallis Atlassian Team Feb 08, 2021

Hi there, could you give some more details on where you are copying and pasting from (i.e. another Atlassian product, another ticket, outside of Atlassian).

And where you are pasting into (i.e. create issue view in Jira classic, issue view in NextGen, comments etc).

Hi Owen, I use Snag It to capture screenshots and then when I used to paste it in the description, it used to attach the screenshot in the attachment section. However, it stopped working all of a sudden

Is the screenshot appearing in the description, and just not the attachment section?

Or is the screenshot showing something like 'failed to load'?

Hi @Owen Wallis 

We are also facing the same issue. When I try to paste a screenshot in description by pressing CTRL+V, it does not perform any action and it does not paste the image anywhere in JIRA.

@Tarun Rekhadi is this when using Snag It too? Also same question for you; 

Is the screenshot appearing in the description, and just not the attachment section? (Think you may have answered this above).

Or is the screenshot showing something like 'failed to load'?

@Owen Wallis 

We are not seeing any action when pressing CTRL+V (nothing happens). Also we are not seeing any message such as 'failed to load'.

We are copying image from FastStone Capture tool. This is similar to SnagIt. 

Same as Tarun. on pasting, nothing happens

Ok thanks both, let me check in with my teams here and see if they need any further details.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Owen Wallis Atlassian Team Feb 09, 2021

Couple more questions for you both if I may,

In Jira are you creating an issue then pasting?

Or are you pasting into the comments or description of an existing issue?

Also do you know if you are using Jira Classic or NextGen?

Hi Owen , Unable to copy paste a screenshot using CTRL+V when a) creating an issue then pasting b) pasting into comments of an existing issue and new issue c) pasting into description of an existing issue and new issue.

As mentioned above by the original reporter of this issue , I too am facing this issue all of a sudden. Was working fine earlier in the day. Now I can no longer copy & paste an image into the JIRA ticket (please note copy & paste of text is still working fine though).

I have this exact issue, which began yesterday (Feb 8, 2021).  In the Description and Comments, when I click CNTRL+V to paste an image (from my clipboard), nothing happens.  Same if I right click and select 'paste' - nothing happens.  One of my co-workers can still paste (with no issue).  This is super odd behavior happening!

@Owen Wallis To answer your question, the issue happens when I am creating an issue and then pasting the image. Looks like a lot a people are having this issue all of a sudden. 

Hello, 

Since this morning I am unable to copy-paste images in Jira tickets as well.

It works for another colleague on the same instance. 

Any assistance is welcome. Thanks

Hello,

I enable the new Jira view and I am now able to copy-paste the images.

Same issue here, unable to Ctrl+V or right click and paste images. Nothing happens. Tried switching to the new Jira issue view but still does not work. Tried in Chrome and Firefox.

I thought I was going crazy. Dealing with the same thing myself, starting yesterday. Thought maybe it was my browser, or computer, or something else. I tried 3 different browsers, clearing cache, blowing away my browser profile, restarting (of course), all kinds of other things -- no dice. The other suggestion of turning on the new view worked.. The problem is, I utterly hate the new view. I tried it, reverted back,.. And now I feel like I'm being forced upon the new interface early. The new interface requires additional clicks for everything, and it's much harder to find everything I need than before. I'll get used to it I'm sure, but this is a pretty unhappy way to be forced to move forward. Given that none of us will have a choice after 3/31 anyway, I guess I'll just be force to become an early adopter, but know you've really upset your customers today and significantly impeded our workflows being able to document bugs and report issues.

Same issue started to appear for me too from today.

I am using Google Chrome (Version 88.0.4324.146) on Mac OS Big Sur

When I am creating a new ticket, in the description of the ticket, I used to be able to paste any image. Basically I have done a screenshot via shift + control + command + 4, then copy it into clipboard and paste into the ticket description. 

This has stopped working from today, there is nothing added to the description, no attachments added to the ticket, no message about failing to upload the image.

Thanks

Tomas

Owen Wallis Atlassian Team Feb 09, 2021

Hi all, thanks for alerting me to this issue. I've been working with the Jira team and the problem should now be fixed.

If you refresh any pages you are working on Copy and pasting should work as before.

Thanks, I can confirm that this is now working for me.

Like Owen Wallis likes this

@Owen Wallis , I can confirm that we are now able to paste screenshots in JIRA. Thanks for resolving.

Awesome news Owen!  I too just confirmed I'm able to paste screenshots in both the description field and comments field again!  Thanks much!

Resolved for me as well with the "old" view. Thanks !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,193 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you