Conditions related to moving issue between states not working.

Teodor July 11, 2018

In our project we want to set conditions that only a certain type of user can move an issue between states (i.e. only a reviewer can move an issue from review to completed, and that an analyst cannot)

I have set the relevant users into the relevant project roles (Reviewer Role), after which on the transition from Review to Completed I have set the condition that only a user with the project role 'Reviewer' can make this transition. 

I have also set this to be reflected in the permission scheme which has been applied to the project ( so uunder the move issues/transition issues option the appropriate access has been given)

However when I try to move the issue from Reviewer to Completed, with the conditions set, I receive an error saying that something is misconfigured and I need to check with the admin etc etc. 

My workflow is configured correctly and once the conditions are removed, everything works fine. 

Is there something glaring I am missing? 

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

Teodor,

What condition do you've set from Reviewer to Completed?

Victor

Teodor July 11, 2018

Hi Victor,

I set the 'User is in Project Role' condition and selected the Reviewer project role I created from the drop down.

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

Teodor,

Do the users who are supposed to complete/close tickets have Resolve Issues permission?

Victor

Teodor July 12, 2018

They do, yes - Move, resolve, create and transition permissions all applied. 

Suggest an answer