Closed Jira in Open Issues

Marianne Prazza August 17, 2022

why are my closed Jira stories still showing up in my open issues?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira considers an issue to be "open" when it has no resolution set.  It does not look at the workflow.

You'll need to talk to your admins about this - the resolution should be being set (and cleared) as part of the workflow the issue is following.

ok thank you!

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hello @Marianne Prazza 

Welcome to the community.

Please provide more information. How are you viewing your "closed" and "open" issues?

Depending on how you are viewing your open issues, this could be because

- the Resolution field of your "closed" issues is not getting set, or

- the Status that your "closed" issues are set to is not mapped to the right-most column of your agile board.

my Jira stories are closed but are still showing up under "my open issues"  I think I need to change my resolution but not sure exactly how

Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2022

Hi Marianne,

You need to be a Jira Admin, if you are or if you can contact it, here's what needs to be done:

Go to the Workflow and click on edit

Click on the transition that move the Issue to the last status, and go to the post functions: 

3.png

Then click on add post function:

4.png

Select Update Issue Field:

5.png

And select Issue Field "Resolution", value "Done", then save the workflow and go to the Issue Search windows, look for the issues with the Resolution "Unresolved" and your end status, in my example "Done":

"project = CRYP2 AND status = Done AND resolution = Unresolved order by created DESC"

Then, make an bulk update if possible and you will have all your resolution updated to Done.

Hope this help, let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Nico.

Suggest an answer