Clone during post function and change issue type with ScriptRunner not working.

Robin_Surland May 31, 2019

I'm on Jira version 7.6.2 and ScriptRunner 5.5.5. I'm trying to create new issues via  the built in clone during post function  and change issue type at the same time. Both issue types are custom types and I don't get an error. The workflow reports No failures in the last 15 executions, and yet, no issues are being created. ScriptRunner settings are as follows:

-----------------------------------

CONDITION

issue.projectObject.key == 'EPMO'
issue.issueType.name == 'EPMO Project'

TARGET PROJECT

Same project.

TARGET ISSUE TYPE

Phase

FIELDS TO COPY

Custom (both issue types use the same screen and have all the same fields)

ADDITIONAL ISSUE ACTIONS

issue.summary = "Initiation"
issue.description = 'Auto generated Jira issue for project Initiation tasks.'

ISSUE LINK TYPE / DIRECTION

split to

-----------------------------------

The similar built in post function for creating subtasks works like a dream, but no go on the cloning. Any ideas what might be wrong? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2019

Do both issue types use the same workflow as well as fields?

Robin_Surland June 1, 2019

Yes, they do. 

One of the fields I'm copying over with the issue is a custom database field. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. 

Very odd, but if I use another custom issue type in the same scheme that has a one word name "Project", rather than the one called "EPMO Project", it works. Any idea why?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2019

I don't know, this sounds like a very specific problem and could well be a bug.  But as it's failing, I would expect to see something in the log that tells us what is going on.

Suggest an answer