• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Changing the relative order of issue types in the hierarchy

I created two new issue types in Jira (Act and Scene) and corresponding hierarchy levels in Portfolio. I wanted to insert Act and Scene under Story in the hierarchy, but I can only seem to add them above Epic (although I can move Act above Scene and Scene above Act by dragging and dropping).

Can moving my user defined issues types be moved under Story in the hierarchy with Jira 8.0.2?

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user Mar 16, 2019

Hi @Andrew Watson

Just to confirm, you want something like this;

• Epic
    • Story
      • Act
      • Scene

Is that the case?

Thanks

Hi Danny,

Thanks for responding.

What you suggested is not quite what I am after. I am looking to set up:

• Epic
    • Story
      • Act
        • Scene

Cheers,

Andy.

Deleted user Mar 17, 2019

Hi @Andrew Watson

As far as I am aware this cannot be achieved. You are asking to create the Act issue type as a Sub task issue type, that is easily done. 

Unfortunately Jira does not give you the ability to create sub, sub task issue types which is what you need for your Scene issue type. 

Are you just using JIRA? Or JIRA and Portfolio for JIRA?

Thanks

Hi Danny,

You are right with your thinking that I am looking to set up a task, subtask, subsubtask sort of arrangement.

I am using JIRA and Portfolio for JIRA.

(I thought that at one time I had read in the (Portfolio or Jira) documentation that the ability to set up a hierarchy of arbitrary depth was possible?)

Cheers,

Andy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,489 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you