Changing the fields on the list view

Hila Zimmerman April 30, 2019

Hi,

I was able to create and add new numeric priority field for our use (defined as single-choice dropdown). I was also able to add it to the Kanban and Backlog boards display fairly easily.

However, I can't seem to find where to add it (and generally remove other items as well) to the sub-tasks lists, such as this one (see image)

This is a task, with many subtasks in it. By default, the list of sub-tasks shows the task type, name, colored arrow priority (which we hate and never use), assignee, and status.

I want to be able to view that list with the priority of the task right on the list, without having to enter each sub-task inside.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

2019-04-30_17-45-46.png

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2019

Hi Hila,

Unfortunately, there is not a good solution yet for this in Jira Cloud.  There is a standing feature request for this in JRACLOUD-9180.  I also think that JRACLOUD-45697 encompasses this request as well.

There are third party plugin solutions for this, but the only one I found was specifically for Jira Server and not for Jira Cloud.

Perhaps you can use the issue navigator to try to view this instead.  I know this is not the same as the issue detail view, but I think it can help you to be able to customize the fields you want to see for all the subtasks.   The JQL query for this is typically just

parent=ABC-123

where ABC-123 is the issue key of the parent issue.  You can also get to this page quickly by using the ... menu next to subtaks and select "Open Issue Navigator"

issuenav123.png

You can then follow the steps in Configuring the default issue navigator in order to create your own view with the specific fields you want to show there.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Hila Zimmerman May 7, 2019

Hi Andy,

while this doesnt really solve our problem, I appreciate your answer and will try to find another way to resolve this for us.

Suggest an answer