Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change unresolved issues to resolved to allow accurate reporting

We are trying to get issues tagged as Done or Commissioned  from unresolved status to resolved.  This is hindering our reporting function as it looks like we have a whole bunch of issues unresolved??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Mar 15, 2019

Hi Peter and Amy - welcome to the Community!

You can also put a post function on the transition to Done where you set the field called Resolution to Done. Or whatever resolution you would like. For Discarded and Aborted statuses, we set the Resolution to Obsolete. 

Thanks guys much appreciated, help us a lot

How to add post function ? Could you please explain with steps for JIRA cloud instance

John Funk Community Leader May 20, 2019

Hi @Kotresha B  - You need to edit your Workflow and then click on a an existing transition between statuses. That will popup a box where you can click on Post Functions. 

Hi:

I had a similar problem and realized that I wasn't using the correct transition screen when moving issues to "Done." There is a default "Resolution" or "Resolve Issue Screen" screen, I believe, that you can use as the Transition View and which will update the Resolution. To do this, you would go to the workflow, click on the transition that moves the issue to "Done" or "Commissioned" and then edit the transition to use the correct screen (see below).

I hope this helps!

Jira_Transition_View.GIF

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,635 views 22 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you