Change unresolved issues to resolved to allow accurate reporting

Peter Chorley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2019

We are trying to get issues tagged as Done or Commissioned  from unresolved status to resolved.  This is hindering our reporting function as it looks like we have a whole bunch of issues unresolved??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

Hi Peter and Amy - welcome to the Community!

You can also put a post function on the transition to Done where you set the field called Resolution to Done. Or whatever resolution you would like. For Discarded and Aborted statuses, we set the Resolution to Obsolete. 

Peter Chorley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2019

Thanks guys much appreciated, help us a lot

Kotresha B May 7, 2019

How to add post function ? Could you please explain with steps for JIRA cloud instance

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Kotresha B  - You need to edit your Workflow and then click on a an existing transition between statuses. That will popup a box where you can click on Post Functions. 

0 votes
Amy Lee March 15, 2019

Hi:

I had a similar problem and realized that I wasn't using the correct transition screen when moving issues to "Done." There is a default "Resolution" or "Resolve Issue Screen" screen, I believe, that you can use as the Transition View and which will update the Resolution. To do this, you would go to the workflow, click on the transition that moves the issue to "Done" or "Commissioned" and then edit the transition to use the correct screen (see below).

I hope this helps!

Jira_Transition_View.GIF

Suggest an answer