Change Sprint Health Gadget

Greg Weir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2019

Is there any way to change the sprint health gadget? for example if i wanted to break up in progress to dev in progress and qa in progress? Or to remove status from one of the sections?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
julie_nespoulous September 2, 2022

Hello,

I have a similar issue. My sprint health gadget put in To Do only tickets that are in status 'blocked'. And in the In progress section of the graph, they put the tickets that are in 'To Do' status on the board.

As this doesn't make sense at all, is there a way to configure it so that the graph put in To Do the actuals tickets in To Do ?

Thank you for your help !

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Hi @julie_nespoulous 

Unfortunately, as with previous answers, there is not currently a way to modify the way the Sprint Health Gadget displays these issues.

You could vote for the ability to customise this though - check out this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20699

Ste

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

Hi @Greg Weir

It's not possible using normal configuration I'm afraid. The Sprint Health Gadget uses the status categories rather than the statuses themselves, of which there are only three (To Do, In Progress, Done).

Could you tell me more about what you're specifically trying to accomplish to see if there is another gadget which might help?

For example, you could use the gadget "Issue Statistics" - that way you could:

• Create a filter to look for issues in your sprint
  • Limit the statuses on show using the filter query (i.e status in (XYZ, ABC))
  • Show the number of issues per remaining statuses as a list

Ste

Greg Weir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 4, 2020

Sorry for the delayed response. I am just now seeing your post. 

Here we have defined done as through QA ( QA Complete), The sprint health gadget is pulling the QA status as in progress. Seeing your comment above I understand why now. 

I was more so looking to see if there were better controls to be able to use that gadget but to tweak the output to fit the org. 

Thank you

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2020

Hi @Greg Weir

Is "QA Complete" in the final column?

Testing it, it might actually be the board which sets the gadget's sections - To Do (first column), Done (lat column) and In Progress (every other column inbetween).

Ste

Atif Sattar March 15, 2021

Did you find any solutions for this, we are having the same problem.

Tom Thompson March 25, 2021

The gadget should allow statuses to be added to "Done" -- pretty much useless without being able to adjust.

As an example, we have a status "Awaiting Deployment" that is getting picked up as "In Progress".

So this statement from above is false:

The Sprint Health Gadget uses the status categories rather than the statuses themselves, of which there are only three (To Do, In Progress, Done).

The ONLY thing this gadget is capable of looking at are statuses "Done" and "To Do" -- everything else is pretty much ignored and lumped into the "In Progress" bucket.  Of course if you say "status category" which you can't control, you can argue the statement is true.  BUT, not really.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events