Cannot configure fields on screen and cannot see diagram of workflow

Bartłomiej F. Tajchman October 15, 2019

Hello, 

I cannot configure fields on screen, I have almost blank screen without any possibility to edit. The same is related to edit workflow - blank screen in diagram mode edit (text mode edit seems to work fine). I've tested it on Chrome / FF / Edge.  Entering in safe mode don't change it. 

I had it with Jira Core 8.3.2 and I have with Jira Core 8.4.2.

Installed apps:

• Elements Connect (nFeed)
  • Power Scripts
  • SIL Engine

What should I do to be able to edit workflows and screens?

Regards,

Bart.

field_blank.PNGworkflow_blank.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bartłomiej F. Tajchman January 6, 2020

Hello Andy, 

Thanks for response and I apologize for the late reply. The problem is solved, it caused by running InProduct translation for JIRA. When I unistalled this add-on, all of troubles disappeared also.

Have a good, day,

Bart.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Thanks for letting us know the solution here, Bart.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I have not seen this specific error before, but thanks for detailing all the steps you have taken so far to try to troubleshoot this.  

What I would recommend next would be to try to disable each of these user plugins in Jira, one at a time and then see if you can edit these workflows/screen fields successfully then.  Steps on how to do this are in Disabling and enabling apps.  If it suddenly starts working with a specific plugin disabled, then that at least tells us that this specific problem is in some way related to the use of that specific plugin.   It could be that one or more plugins to Jira are providing some kind of special custom field that is incorrectly rendering on the page.

If you have disabled all these 3rd party plugins to Jira and can still reproduce this problem, then I would be interested to see if you can take a closer look at the browser console when this page loads.  It is possible that some resource is failing to load on the page and perhaps the browser console logs can tell us more.   It might also help to take a look at the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file when this problem occurs.  That log might not have any useful information about this error, but then again it might be able to give us some clues about which resource(s) might not be working as expected here.

Please let me know the results.

Andy

Suggest an answer