Can we directly upgrade to jira-software-7-13-x from version 7-6-x

Amarendar Musham - Consultant December 14, 2018

Actually we are planning to upgrade jira. Earlier we thought we can do upgrate to 7-12-x. but in a span there is another update found. i.e., 7-13-x... 

1. Can we upgrade directly to 7-13-x. Any staging update.

2. Here we want to know whether we will get all the features in release notes of 7-12-x, if we upgrade jira to 7-13-x. 

3. DO WE HAVE ANY IMPACT ON EXISTING FEATURES.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2018

You can upgrade directly from any version of Jira 7.x to any higher version, there is no need to go through any intermediate versions.

Most Jira releases contain all the features included in  previous releases.  Although sometimes Atlassian does remove features.  You'll need to check the release notes to see if they have.  (Although the last time I remember things being removed, it was, sadly, really useful label stuff, as you went from Jira 6.2 to 6.3, I think)

Amarendar Musham - Consultant December 18, 2018

Do we have any impact on existing features... 

0 votes
Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Jira 7.13 is a good choice as it will be an Enterprise release.

Amarendar Musham - Consultant December 18, 2018

Do we have any impact on existing features

Suggest an answer