Can we add an expand feature to an epic?

Jenny Lapat June 6, 2016

We would like the ability to add an expanding feature to an epic, ex. expand an epic to reveal sub-tasks beneath the epic .  Conversely, we would also like to condense sub-tasks under an epic.

Is there a way when we are searching for issues or tasks, that only the epics are shown in the search filter? This way when we select an epic, the sub-tasks expand beneath the epic?

Example:

EPIC 1

Sub-Tasks A

Sub-Tasks B

EPIC 2

Sub-Tasks A

Sub-Tasks B

Sub-Tasks C

We are a publishing business and we are having trouble filtering through hundreds of sub-tasks.  We are planning to use epics as 'campaigns' and the projects as our 'advertisers'.  Since we run hundreds of campaigns need a solution to organize our view.

Thank you for the help!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Hello @Jenny Lapat,

First of all... I have a doubt:

Do you not use Tasks?

And now, lemme try help you.

1. To find only Epics
    1. you can use Type = Epic at your filter. 

2. And to show only issues in Epic, 
    1. you should use this filter: issuekey in linkedIssues("<EPIC_ID")

Did I help you? 

Regards,

Lameck.

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

Jenny Lapat, is this help you?

Jenny Lapat June 9, 2016

Thanks for the response.  I still don't think this is exactly what we're looking for though.  We want to see if there is any option to essentially shrink the view / expand a sub-task under an epic.  Don't think this is possible but just want to double check.

Thank you for the help.

Suggest an answer