Can't create New Epic in NextGen

Stefan Johnson November 1, 2019

When I click on Add Epic from inside an Issue a larger overflow pops up for a split second and then it defaults to View All Epic. If I click on View All Epic I get a modal w/ an empty select and no valid options. I am new to JIRA so I may be missing something but I poked around a while and couldn't find where else I might create a new Epic. Thoughts?

thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

Hi @Stefan Johnson

The "Add Epic" option on a Story is to add an existing parent to that issue - rather than creating one.

To create an Epic you can just press the create button (the "+" button on the left-hand navigation bar), selecting your project and the issue type Epic.

Or - you can go to your project, select "Roadmap" and on the left-hand side of the roadmap is an option to "Create Epic" directly on it.

Ste

Stefan Johnson November 1, 2019

Ahhh the Create button - that's a handy thing.

Thank you very much Stephen.

-1 points to me for not doing my homework... but +1 to you for helping me save some time and shorten my path to efficacy.

txs again

- S

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

Pro-tip, you can also press "c" to create an issue using keyboard shortcuts :)

You can see all keyboard shortcuts by pressing "?" on your keyboard - often this is Shift + ? on a standard keyboard.

Ste

Suggest an answer