Can backbone sync the backlog?

Demi McGuire April 18, 2024

I'm using backbone to sync two projects on different board and my partner has issues in her backlog but they aren't syncing to mine? is it possible for backbone to sync the backlog? 

1 answer

1 vote
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Demi McGuire ~ Backbone syncs issues, not backlogs.  Also, Epics don't typically appear in the Backlog - you view them via the Epics panel.  That said, do the "missing" epics have the Backbone sync panel showing it's corresponding synced issue?  That might help determine if the Epics are being synced and just not visible in your backlog.  If the sync panel is now showing, then check your sync configuration.  Do you have Epics mapped to sync?  Are there errors?  Can you manually try the re-sync on one of the Epics?

Demi McGuire April 18, 2024

We just started the board from scratch- we were testing to see if the issues in the backlog would pull to the other board. @Laurie Sciutti 

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hey @Demi McGuire

I'm Matthias from the Backbone team. @Laurie Sciutti already made some good suggestions what to look out for. I'd probably check it in this order:

• Do you have Epics (or the issue types you'd like to sync) included in your issue type mappings?
  • Do you have a JQL configured (at the bottom of the issue type mappings tab) which excludes these issues?
  • Do you see any errors in the troubleshooting?
  • Can you manually try to resync one of the missing issues?

If you want to get dedicated help, you can also reach out to our support team.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events