Can a team work when work is splitted in different jira projects from different licence?

Peter De Cuyper
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 9, 2018

We have 3 customers, all having their own atlassian environment (jira, confluence, bitbucket) The R&D resources in the team are shared over the projects, but now they have to switch to another atlassian environment, if they switch from project. So they don't have an overview of all issues on their name.  How can we manage this? 

thx

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2018

Hi Peter, 

While we're waiting for one of the Community Leaders to show up here I thought I would give you my thoughts on this. It has been my experience that Projects are very isolated from one another in Jira. It is very difficult to work across projects in Jira. 

However, one thought I had was that you could create a Dashboard and have issues and information from all three projects show up in one dashboard. You would have to create the dashboard, then create a filter (Saved Search) for information from each project (such as open issues, closed issues, etc.) you could then add a widget to the dashboard, integrate the saved filter and thus you would be able to at least see some information spanning across all three projects.

You would then have to create a group of users who you feel should have access to this dashboard. Then you need to share the dashboard AND all the filters with that group for those users to be able to see the dashboard. 

Otherwise - each project is pretty much its own universe. 

Check out this link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/configuring-dashboards-765593585.html

One last thing, the licence issue may be a real deal-breaker here. In other words that may prevent you from doing anything collaboration-wise. In that case you may have to go old school and use a different product like Smartsheet or Excel just to keep track of things. 

Hope this helps, 

~Joe

Peter De Cuyper
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 11, 2018

Thx Joe! 

Suggest an answer