Can Jira Service Desk display contact information for customers?

Deleted user August 16, 2018

Hello Team,

We have raised two tickets for JIRA technical support 3 weeks back, We have not yet got any response from you. Please share your contact details so we can directly reach to You. thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

@[deleted], the Community is a user help forum consisting primarily of users. If you need to work directly with Atlassian support you can do so via this link. If you already have tickets open you should communicate via those tickets. 

Hello Jack,

Thanks for the update. Please have a look into our issue.

We are able to import Epic, Story and Subtask along with Work log for the backdated projects

Burndown chart(remaining time estimate report) and sprint report do not consider the worklog based on the dates mentioned in the import report rather shows one straight line which is not correct.

Any change required in the way of import of worklog, so that the burndown chart is shown correctly for backdated projects(where the sprint creation date is today)
Example: Sprint created on 9th Aug for the completed Sprint between 31st May to 15th June.

Also the link which you have shared I can't chat with them directly or not able to create any ticket. Its only allowing me for raise a question for community. Thanks.

Regards,

Arup Sarbadhikari

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

Arup, regarding the inability to open an issue w/ Atlassian indicates you are on a starter (10 user) license. Indeed Atlassian documentation, the Community, internet and self-learning are you options. The good news is that between all of those you should be able to get most questions answered i suspect.

With that said, i'm not sure if I can assist w/ your question or not. At least I have never personally experienced your situation. It sounds like you are importing project data from a different instance of Jira where work had been logged and sprints completed but the old sprints are not reflecting correctly. To be honest I don't know if this would/should work. My recommendation would be to focus on future sprints in the new instance.

Another thing that confuses me is in your example the dates seem to be backwards. You create a sprint in August but you mention completing it in May or June??

One other note - in you original post you mention having opened previous tickets? Were these questions in the Community or somewhere else? Can you provide a link to these here?

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your update. Please find the link. still we don't have any reply. thanks.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Import-of-Worklog-Not-reflecting-efforts-in-the-burndown-chart/qaq-p/863456
Deleted user August 17, 2018

Hello Jack,

This is my answer.

We were working on Agile sprints since last year. Excel sheets were used to maintain Agile information. Jira licences version were bought in recently. Hence we would like to import old sprint data from excel to Jira, which is all back dated.

While importing from excel, we are able to import most of the information including Time tracking. But the same is not displaying correctly in Burndown chart.

Regards,

Arup Sarbadhikari

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2018

I really don’t know if this can be done if the sprint started prior to import. What should work is that if you import issues that have have not started and that include an appropriately formed Original Estimate then when you start a sprint and then begin logging time your Burndown should be fine.

BTW, I marked the other thread as a duplicate and referenced this thread. 

Meena
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2018

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your support. But was wondering on the usage of import option. Could you please help me understand below queries.

1. Import are supposed to be used only in case on non completed issues?

2. What is the real scenario of importing Jira open issue to Jira? Instead, is it not easier to create new issues?

3. Do you have any specific criteria on import? example back dated projects not to be imported. Please help.

Regards,

Meena

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events