Can I roll back a Jira ticket to an earlier version, as shown in History?

Michael Choo-Chong March 25, 2021

Another user had the cursor in the description field, while i was making changes to that field, on another computer.

I saved my changes, then when the other user clicked outside of the description box, it saved the old description over my new description, since the page had not been refreshed, to include my changes.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

@Michael Choo-Chong 

There is no way to roll the issue back.  Your description change if saved should be in the history and you can copy it from there to update the description field.  

Leandro Ribeiro October 17, 2022

Is there a way to recover a description with the original formatting?

I can copy paste a description I need, but instead of the formatting I get the notation.

I want:

The following are some notes

Note:

• This is a note

Example Table

[a table]

Acceptance tests:

AT1 - First test

1. Do step one
  2. Do step two

I get:

_The following are some notes_h3.Note:* This is a note h3.Example Table ||*Column*||*Mandatory*||*Notes*|| h3.Acceptance tests: h4.AT1 - First test #Do step one
#Do step two

Like # people like this
Cyndi Chan February 22, 2023

@Brant Schroeder This does not adequately solve the issue as formatting is lost.

Like # people like this
Florian Krummrich March 24, 2023

And for now it is not possible to do that. Because the text edit is not available anymore. 

Like # people like this
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2023

Hi @Cyndi Chan 

My team has also faced this problem. Jira history doesn't save the formatting for description, so it's impossible to copy and past it. Therefore, we've decided to implement this option with Issue History for Jira app. Text formatting (bold, color, lists, tables) will be preserved.

The only exception is the attachment.  As Jira does not store attachments after removal, you can only return the name of the removed format. If the attachment wasn’t removed (changes were made to the text only), the file will be fully reverted as it is.

Here is how it looks in recently released dark mode ♥

Revert-Black-Big.gif

The app is developed by my team.

Check how it works for you ↺

Like Victor Salmon likes this
2 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 28, 2023

Posted above

1 vote
jolyont February 23, 2023

I would really like a feature to enable this.  Its very difficult to restore a table from the history.  It would be even better if race conditions like this could be eliminated.

Is there a feature request somewhere for this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events