Can I restrict number of issues for a particular issue type

Kshitij March 6, 2019

I want to put an upper cap on the number of issues that can be created under a single issue type. Is that possible? Please guide on the steps to do it.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2019

Not out of the box. Being in the cloud your plugin and scripting choices are limited, but those would be the only possible solutions. 

Kshitij March 7, 2019

@Joe Pitt  Can you please let me know some suitable plugins for the same.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2019

Hi @Kshitij ,

For example, if the number of Issues created by Tasks reaches 100, then forbidden to create ?
I want to know what the purpose of doing this is ?

Kshitij March 6, 2019

Hi @Ollie Guan  We have a task type called 'New Feature Requests'. I want to restrict the number of such tasks to 100 to avoid bombardment of new feature requests from client ops.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2019

I've never seen one that does that and I haven't seen a similar request in the forum. Being in the cloud you're very limited so I would look at the ones you can have enabled to see if any of them offer what you need. 

Suggest an answer