Can I make a User un assignable

Jim Reed
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2019

We have an automated monitoring of our system with an user that is creating tickets on anomaly detection.  

Occasionally this user is being assigned tickets.  I'd like to prevent this as the user just represents the automation.  Or I'd like to be able to have the system create tickets without a reporter.  

Are either of these things possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2019

Hi Jim, 

There is an "Assignable User" permission in the Permission Schemes. If the user is not part of a group or role that had the "Assignable User" permission they will not be able to be assigned to an issue. 

To restrict this user you can add all the project roles and/or groups of real users to this and leave out any users that are in an "automation" role or group.

Here is a link on managing project permissions for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira063/managing-project-permissions-683542720.html

Keep in mind that since this is project-level you may need to update more than one permission scheme, if you use different schemes for different projects. 

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events