Can I change a category for a status in company managed project without affecting other projects

Lori Milam April 17, 2024

I have a status that is used in multiple workflows. If I change the category of this status within one workflow does that change the category everywhere that status is used?

For example, a status Ready for QA is defined with a category of To Do in 2 projects. For one workflow in another project, the user wants the Ready for QA status to be In Progress. Can I change the category within the new workflow without affecting the category in the other projects?

These are all company managed projects.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ April 17, 2024

Hi @Lori Milam ,

Unfortunately, each status can have the only category as this is a global feature. Therefore, if you change the category in one workflow - it will affect the second one. This work similarly to changing the status name - if you change the status name, this change will impact other workflows where this status is being used. 

The only solution here is to stick with the same category, or create a separate status which fulfill another team's expectations. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events