CSV Bulk Uploads Epics and Tasks

TODD J MASURA
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

I am trying to do a CSV Bulk Upload that would have Epics and Tasks in the same upload and would like to see the tasks links to the epics I am uploading from the same csv.  The parent link identified is a portfolio feature that is already there.  

Can you help me what other columns I need to add to my sheet or what I need to change to import the epic link relationship to the tasks in the single upload.

The epic name listed is the summary I am uploading from the epic to show its placement in the hierarchy.

In this example rows 4 & 5 would have the epic link from row 2
and rows 6 and 7 would have the epic link from row 3
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 5.15.17 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2024

Hi Todd - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Below is a simple CSV field that will show you how to create Task and it's sub-tasks at the same time. Or and Epic and it's children at the same time. But it will basically work at any level. 

Screenshot 1.png

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2024

Hello, Good day. Image on the following link should help with your query. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/csv-import-parent-child-mapping-1096095688.html

You can first import 1 Epic and few child issues to make sure everything is good and then go for bulk import.

TODD J MASURA
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

Thank you John and Mohanraj, I will give it a shot

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events