Burndown chart with non-dev issues?

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Hello,

I'm starting to use JIRA and, by the moment, developers are working properly with stories and bugs.

My doubt is regarding non-develop hours (meetings,etc...) If I choice the option to add this hours to the current sprint, how is the behavior of Burndown chart?

I can set that the issues types "meeting" will be filtered from Burndown?

Do you understand me?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Hi @Juan José Marchal Gómez 

That is a very good question. Out of the box the Story Point field is only available for Epic and Story Issue types in Jira, because that is how the context is define, although it can be changed.

The Burndown will only show the Story Points that are accumulated in your sprint. You can first confirm whether the effort from the meeting issue type is currently included in your sprint or not. Since you are using hours, what you can do is remove the Time Tracking field from your Meeting Issue Type or remove Meeting from your board filter (in case you want to keep time tracking).

Let know if this helps.

Ravi

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2019

Hello,

Perhaps my confusion has been not remembering that the BOARD and others are configured with previous filters, is that true?

In this way I can do "what i want".

Is it like this?

best regards.

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2019

Yes Just go to the Board configuration and update the filter.

Suggest an answer