Bug: release date entered is changed to 1 day earlier

Thierry June 18, 2018

Hi,

Using Jira Cloud, I click Release button at the top right of my Kanban Board, I enter a Version name, and a release date 18/Jun/18 (can't remember if I used the calendar control, or if it was filled by default).

I then click the blue Release button.

I then go to the Releases page.

The release is shown, but the date is wrong: 17/Jun/18jira release date change.PNG

My web browser (latest Chrome is set to accept language en-us first, my local computer is set to UTC+0 London with day light savings. I clicked the release button at about 10:30-11:00 my local time. This has happened for the last few weeks for me and others in my company, and I always blamed the user for picking the wrong date in the date picker. It's not. Jira changes the date for us. It seems like a bug.

1 answer

2 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

Hello Thierry,

This is a known bug: Versions showing start date and release date 1 day earlier, you can watch it to be updated - unfortunately, there's no workaround for now.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Raju Adluru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

same issue for me also!!

Same error in Jira server also!

Divya TV January 15, 2020

An easy workaround is to pick the next day as the release date and JIRA will change it to the day you want.

Example: If you want Jan 6th, Pick Jan 7th.

Suggest an answer