Browsing a project's issues does not display unresolved by priority/assignee

Patricia Wiebe November 9, 2011

I am in the process of upgrading to Jira 4.4.3. I have set up my test environment and imported my data. When I browse the projects, for one project I am not seeing the list of "Unresolved: By Priority" and "Unresolved: By Assignee". I have 4 projects, and 3 display the information, but one does not. I am trying to understand why one would not display the information. There are open and in progress issues (92 in total). The Status Summary lists the issues and status fine, but the unresolved section lists there are no issues.

I'm at a loss. I can get that information in other ways, so I don't think it's a permission thing. Could there be a setting somewhere that this newer version of Jira honors that the old one didn't? (I am coming from 3.13.1)

Is there somewhere that shows how that Issues tab on the Browsing Project page is defined. If I could find that, perhaps that might be a clue.

Thanks for any thoughts!!

5 answers

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2011
Maybe the issues you expect to see have a non null 'Resolution' field value for some unknown reason. Could you check this?
Patricia Wiebe December 4, 2011

I went ahead with my upgrade, and have the same behavior for this project in production. I currently have 142 issues that are not closed or resolved in the project. When I queried the database in the jiraissue table, I got back 142 rows, and every row had a null resolution and null resolution date. Each has a priority and assignee, yet when I look at the issues tab under the project, I see 142 in the staus summary, but no issues listed under the unresolved: by priority and no issues listed under the unresolved: by assignee. I have 4 other projects, and they all display normally - it's the strangest thing!

0 votes

No, I had the log open while I tried a few things, and there were no errors. I did not find any exceptions in the log at all. I did see a few queries in the atlassian-jira-slow-queries.log file, but they were not related to this project and did not log when I accessed this project's issue page.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

Any error in the logs when you browse that project?

0 votes

Thanks - I had reindexed, and just for fun, I did it again, but it made no difference.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2011

Try reindexing and see if that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events